Monday, June 3, 2013

Apple pie goes from boring to better!

We recently received a big gorgeous Dutch apple pie as a gift. Unfortunately, the best thing about it was the crust. Don't let me impugn the nature of the craft that went into creating this pie. I could really tell the person who gifted it took much time and effort, and for that, I am grateful. However... it was a bit bland.

So I had to... dress it up. See how magnanimous I am, giving you all my ideas?

Nuff said.


 The next time you have a piece of flavorless apple pie, you must first add the spice.


This is a Dune reference, made all the more amazing by this tiny cat. If you have not watched Dune, what is wrong with you? Kyle MacLachlan was as hot as he would ever be in that film. He is still very attractive.


I recommend cinnamon and nutmeg for basics. Remember that you want 1/8 the amount of nutmeg that you want cinnamon, because nutmeg is some strong sheeot. *Sprinkly sprinkle*

One scoop of vanilla ice cream and some delicious pieces of crystallized ginger turn pablum-esque apple pie into deliciousness. In the immortal words of the bard Burton: Don't take my word for it.

CC

No comments:

Post a Comment